February 14, 2016
While we’d argue that any sweet and lovable dog will undoubtedly make you happier and less stressed, some breeds tend to be especially cheerful, affectionate, and optimistic. If you’ve got a case of the blues, a canine companion may be just what the doctor ordered. Think about it: dog owners spend more time outside, have increased LPD’s (laughs per day) due to their dog’s silly antics, and provide the most loyal friendship in existance.
Here are 10 particularly dopamine-inducing dog breeds who will bring sunshine to all your cloudy days. (Note: This list is by no means exhaustive. If it were up to us, we’d take all the dogs home with us!)
1. Labrador Retrievers These mild-mannered dogs are always good for a smile. Loving, loyal, and family-friendly, these pups are so dependable and eager to please, they’re the number one service dog breed in the world.
2. NewfoundlandsThese real-life teddy bears are big, calm cuddlebugs. Newfies were bred for water rescues, making them capable protectors when necessary; but they really just want to love you!
3. Golden RetrieversThese golden beauties seem to have permanent smiles on their fuzzy muzzles! Known for their happy-go-lucky attitudes, affectionate Goldies don’t shy away from PDA (public displays of affection)!
4. Cavalier King Charles Spaniels These dogs are happiest when they’re on their loved ones’ laps! With a zest for life–and for spending time with their humans–these snuggly pups are sure to banish the blues.
Try feeling down around these bundles of happiness! Boxers are cheerful by nature, and seem to have a playful spring in their step wherever they go. They want nothing more than to be your best pal!
6. PugsIf their curly tails and bug eyes don’t put you in a better mood, their outgoing dispositions will. These silly pups live to make their owners happy, showering them with love and affection.
7. Chihuahuas These portable pups are like happiness, to-go! Hate driving/flying/shopping alone? A purse-sized pooch makes for constant companionship. Good thing their favorite place is by your side!
8. Great DaneBig dog = big love. These giants are notorious for their lapdog mentality, despite their giraffe-like stature. Great Danes are one of the sweetest, gentlest breeds out there.
9. French BulldogThere’s a reason these little nuggets are so popular. With their big ears, wrinkly noses, and chubby bodies, these dogs are just begging for a cuddle and some play time with you!
10. Rescue MuttsOf course this diverse bunch made the list! Whether from a shelter, humane society, or rescue organization, if you adopt a pooch, she’ll be forever grateful and spend the rest of her life thanking you with loyalty, affection, and love!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
July 21, 2016
April 11, 2015
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …